- Prices & Policies
Day 01: Vientiane arrival
Upon arrival, you will be met and transferred to central to check in hotel. An orientation walk of Lao Capital is a pleasant way to spend the day, strolling around some of the city’s most historical sites and seeing some of the French colonial architecture. We will observe sunset by the Mekong riverside and experience the lifestyle of the local people. Overnight in Vientiane
Day 02: Vientiane – Fly to Luang Prabang (B/L)
After breakfast at hotel, we will visit the central market known as the ‘Morning Market’ which is a great place for browsing antiques, handmade textiles and gifts. Next, we will visit the major sights of the capital; including the oldest Wat Sisaket with thousands of miniature Buddha statues and the former royal temple of Wat Prakeo, which previously housed the famous Emerald Buddha Image. On the way to the famous and sacred structure of That Luang Stupa, we will stop to take some pictures of the imposing Patuxay Monument, which is well known as Vientiane’s own Arc de Triumph. We then board our short flight to the UNESCO World Cultural Heritage City Luang Prabang
On arrival in Luang Prabang, our guide will be holding a sign with your name and transferred to hotel to check in. After a short rest, we will start the trip to climb up to the top of Mount Phousi for an enjoyable view of the sacred, gilded stupa as well as viewing a beautiful and panoramic sunset over the ancient and once royal city and the Mekong River. End of the day you will stroll around the Night Market, where you can find a lovely selection of textiles made by the local and the hill tribe people surrounding Luang Prabang. Overnight in Luang Prabang.
Day 03: Luang Prabang – Pak Ou cave (B/L)
After breakfast at hotel, we will start giving the fantastic opportunity to participate in the daily morning rituals of saffron-clad monks collecting offerings of alms (ubiquitous sticky rice) from the faithful residents. This tradition is very unique in Laos, being the only Buddhist nation still preserving the procession. Enjoy a short-guided tour to see the city’s oldest temple of impressive stupa of Wat Visoun and the shrines of Wat Aham, Wat Mai, Wat Sene and the magnificent Wat Xiengthong with its roofs sweeping low to the ground, which represents classical Laotian architecture.
Next, we board a cruise boat on the Mekong River, which gives us a panoramic view of the tranquil countryside as well as an interesting visit to the mysterious Pak Ou Caves, two linked caves crammed with thousands of gold lacquered Buddha statues of various shapes and sizes left by pilgrims. Stop at the village of Ban Xanghai, where they make the local rice wine. On the way back, we pass the local villages at Ban Xiengmene and Ban Chan before we see the royal temple at Wat Longkhoun, which once belonged to a royal family patronage nearby Sackarine Caves. Overnight in Luang Prabang.
Day 04: Luang Prabang departure (B)
Following breakfast, we visit The National Museum at the former Royal Palace, which displays a lovely collection of the artifacts reflecting the richness of Lao culture dating from the days of the early kings right through to the last sovereign. We then visit the silver smith’s and Fine Arts School and the Central Market, which is not to be missed. Transfer to the airport for next destination
- visit the city’s most historical sites and seeing some of the French colonial architecture
- visit the city’s oldest temple of impressive stupa of Wat Visoun and the shrines of Wat Aham, Wat Mai, Wat Sene and the magnificent Wat Xiengthong
- Cruise on the Mekong River, which gives us a panoramic view of the tranquil countryside as well as an interesting visit to the mysterious Pak Ou Caves
- visit some village where making the local rice wine
- visit The National Museum at the former Royal Palace, which displays a lovely collection of the artifacts reflecting the richness of Lao culture
The price of tours base on accommodation category, travel period, and number of tourists. Please contact us for more information about prices.
- Private transportation in private air-conditioned
- Accommodation at 3,4, 5 star hotel selected including daily breakfast of Twin or Double sharing
- Meals as mentioned in the program (Breakfast : 03 ; Lunch: 02 ; Dinner: 00)
- Boat trip as stated above sight
- Welcome drink
- Entrance fee for all destinations as Tour Itinerary indicated
- English Speaking Guide/ Other languages are available on request
- Bottle of water available on coach ( 2 bottle/pax/day)
- International airfare
- Drinks and other meals do not indicate in the program
- Visa to Laos, if needed
- Travel insurance
- Personal expenses (telephone, shopping…)
- Tipping/ Gratuities
- Single Supplement
- Any additional expenses caused by reasons beyond our control such as natural calamities (typhoon, floods), flight delays rescheduling or cancellations, any accidents, medical evacuations, riots, strikes etc.