As mentioned in a previous article about Best Places to Go in Cambodia – Cambodia Holidays. For this article, we would like to talking about when is the best time to visit Cambodia.
- A Cambodia Tour will help you to discover one of the most remarkable countries in Southeast Asia and you can be certain of a surprise at every turn. Although this country may have experienced some of the darkest moments in the history of mankind, what lies beneath this black cloud of history will dazzle your mind and warm your senses.
- The countryside alone will mesmerise you beyond anything words can describe; perfectly formed tapestries of scenery, bought to life by a flamboyant climate and the presence of humble and welcoming citizens. It would be ignorant not to mention the unique culture which backbones this amazing country too.
- Cambodia really is something special and the architectural gems which characterise many of the towns and hidden parts of wilderness will only serve to heighten your appreciation of this stunning Southeast Asian country.
- A Cambodia Holidays is the ideal way to soak up the magic of this nation and if you are still in the planning stages, just make sure you don’t overlook the magnificent temple of Angkor Wat.
- If you are considering including Angkor Wat as part of Your Cambodia Tours, a full day ought to give you the time you will need to fully appreciate its divine beauty and intrigue.
Nothing short of dazzling in its appearance, a glance into the depth of Angkor Wat’s history will ensure your Cambodia tour supersedes any expectation resulting from your research.
- Situated in the vibrant and iconic city of Siem Reep, Angkor Wat is easily accessible by foot, bicycle, motorbike and all modes of public transport.
No doubt you will be asking yourself a plethora of questions throughout your Cambodia tour, one being the best time to visit Cambodia Angkor Wat. In regards to the time of day, it’s best to visit during sunrise, whatever season you decide to explore this remarkable 12th century landmark.
- A quick scan on google will present you with dozens of pictures of the stunning Angkor Wat Temple and you can be certain that some of the most endearing were taken during sunrise. A clear day during wet season will undoubtedly be something you won’t forget and if you’re near Angkor Wat Temple, make sure your camera’s batteries are fully charged!
This part of your Cambodia tour will still be enchanting during the dry season, however the dusty remnants of many a backroad whisked in by the wind could slightly distort your view.
- If this is your first Cambodia tour and you are from a colder part of the world, be advised, as the climate here can be a shock to the senses, regardless of the time of year you visit.
- More than 75% of the rainfall occurs between the months of May and October, creatively known as the ‘wet season’.
Showers and monsoons are completely unpredictable, so make sure you’re armed with an umbrella or raincoat at all times.
However, fortunately the tuk tuk drivers are never phased by such treacherous conditions and will drive you to the incredible temple of Angkor Wat at any time.
- If you embark on your Cambodia tour during the dry season, be prepared for a type of heat you have never encountered.
- Just imagine a hot hairdryer without the off button! Nevertheless, humidity levels are generally lower during this time, making the overall experience more bearable; just remain hydrated and you’ll be absolutely fine!
The dry season is the busiest time of year at Angkor Wat Temple, so if this is when you wish to book your Cambodia tour, be prepared for crowds. Although the ruins of this mystical place stretch for almost 250 square miles, you will be surprised at just how busy it can feel.
Albeit, if you are looking to visit a place made even more famous by the Hollywood blockbuster Tomb Raider, rubbing shoulders with a fellow cinema or culture lover the whole time may just be worth it.
- November to April: dry season means less rain and more comfortable temperatures
- December to February: cooler temperatures make this a popular time to visit
- April/May: temperatures get uncomfortably hot, often topping 38°C (100°F)
- May to October: Monsoon season is characterised by afternoon showers
- June: the rainfall steps up a gear in intensity, but temperatures start to fall
- March and September: the Equinoxes provide the best sunrise photo opportunities
Book a Vietnam & Cambodia Vacation Packages and explore the ultimate beauty of the country on your holiday, luxury resorts, tours, holiday packages and travel arrangements are all on offer, book today to get the best quote: Best tailor made holidays