Vietnam is famous for its historical and cultural traditions, getting to know about vietnamese culture is becoming more interesting and fascinating.
- Through this article, I hope that you can take the most comprehensive look about culture of Vietnam and its traditions. As this is considered a place, where there are plenty of occasions to celebrate major events throughout the year.
- During the first three months of the lunar year, a lot of festivals take place across the country. Each ethnic group has its own festivals characterizing its customs, beliefs and farming practice. This is also an opportunity for many travellers who love to explore the importance of indigenous values and spirituality in each festivals of Vietnam Tours
- Vietnam has more than 54 ethnic minorities, each with its own dialects, costumes, and cultures, living scattered over the country for centuries. Despite such differences but generally these groups have some similar characteristics in sharing and enjoying
- Like many other Asian countries, every year starts with the cultivation of a new crop of wet rice as this is the main source of food in Vietnam – which is celebrated in the form of religious rituals by ethnic groups to express their gratitude and respect to the gods.
Here are some of the most famous festivals around Hanoi such as: Quan Thanh, Kim Lien, Bach Ma, Co Loa , Giong festival and Voi Phuc, known as the Four Guardians of the capital. They are the symbols of Vietnamese Buddhist, history and unique traditional architecture. Beside that, some Hanoi’s neighbouring provinces: Lim festival in Bac Ninh province.
- The festival takes place on Lim Hill where the Lim Pagoda is located. The Lim Festival takes place every year on 13th day of the first lunar month. Visitors come to enjoy the festival and see the traditional performances. These are male and female farmers who sing different types of songs in the pagodas, on the hills, and on the boats.
- Or approximately 70 kilometers southwest of Ha Noi, the Perfume Pagoda, held every year from the 6th day of the first to the third lunar months, draws large numbers of pilgrims. Unlike any other places, Huong Pagoda harmonize the characters of a Buddhist architectural complex with the impressive natural beauty.
- Coming here, tourists have chances to live in a boisterous atmosphere of a spring festival amidst beautiful landscape. They seem to be free from all tiredness and sorrow and come to pay respect to the compassionate Buddha.
Chu Dong Tu Festival
- Chu Dong Tu is one of four immortal gods in the Vietnamese pantheon. The festival annually takes place from the 10th to the 12th day of the second lunar month at two temples, Da Hoa and Da Trach, in Khoai Chau District, Hung Yen Province.
- Starting from Ha Noi, visitors can travel downstream on the Red River by boat or canoe, or go by motorbike along the duke of the Red River for 20 km.
- During the festival, pilgrims in colourful dress converge on the two temples, Da Hoa and Da Trach.
Tran Temple Festival in Nam Dinh province
- The festival, often called “Tran temple seal opening ceremony”, is held on the 12th day of the first lunar month, at the Tran Temple complex in Loc Vuong ward, Nam Dinh city.
- This is one of the festivals to pay tribute to 14 Tran Kings.
- The highlight of the festival is the seal opening ceremony on the 14th night of the first lunar month, drawing thousands of people from nationwide to pray for luckiness and happiness.
Ba Chua Kho Festival in Bac Ninh province
- The festival gets underway on the 14th day of the first lunar month to commemorate Ba Chua Kho or The Queen of Stock and to pray for property and good luck at Ba Chua Kho temple located in Co Me village, Vu Ninh ward, Bac Ninh city.
- This is a big festival in the Northern region, especially in the business world.
- No matter when you decide to Travel to Vietnam to discover the character, unique values, beliefs and customs of the Vietnamese.
- If you would need a hand to expertise your holiday, then do not hesitate to contact us for any inquiry.
As leading travel provider within Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia, Myanmar and Thailand, we are proud to be the first luxury tour operator in Vietnam with all the magnificent reputation that they gain through the TripAdvisor.