Vice director of the department Tran Chi Cuong said four water stations would be installed in Bach Dang Street, in front of Con Market in Hung Vuong Street and in the seaside Vo Nguyen Giap Street.
- He said water would be provided for eight hours a day, and that the pilot project aimed to provide better services and information to tourists.
- He said brochures, maps and emergency service numbers would be provided free at the water stations throughout 2016.
- Last year, the city introduced a new visitor centre at 108 Bach Dang Street to provide free information to tourists.
- The city hosted more than 4 million tourists, including 1 million foreigners, in the first 10 months of this year.
- It plans to build standard public toilets along the walkway of the Han River on Bach Dang Street, along with wi-fi services and automatic teller machines.
Learn more : best time to visit hoi an
In July, about 70 hotels, guest houses, coffee shops and restaurants in Hai Chau districts agreed to provide free restrooms to tourists, which would carry ‘comfort as home’ stickers on their doors.