If you are planning for a trip to Hanoi, Vietnam. It is wise to know about the weather and temperature in Hanoi. Check out our travel guide to help you know when is the best season to visit Hanoi so that you can plan your trip accordingly.
- The best time to visit Hanoi is from September to december and from march to april. The climate is pleasant and the temperature milder during these two season range from 18°C to 30°C and the days stay relatively dry.
- During the winters from December to February ,Hanoi can get as cold as 10 degrees C, So remember to bring a warm jacket if visiting Hanoi and surrounding areas such as: Halong Bay, Ninh Binh, Sapa.. during this time.
- The rainy season for Hanoi is from May to September, especially in July and August, it can get humid with heavy rains and monsoon which may cause flooding due to most trips to Halong Bay can be cancelled.
Weather of months in Hanoi
- January – February: very cold and foggy, the average temperature is from 15 – 21 celsius. Sometime it can get down 10 celsius. Lunar New year holiday in vietnam is often falls late of january to early of February
- March- April: The weather is pleasant, clear and blue sky. Best time to visit Hanoi, Halong Bay, Sapa, Ninh Binh
- May – Early September (hot and wet): during the months of summer. Temperature is 34 celsius and may rise to 38 celsius, also the rainy season, when the torrential downpours can cause flooding render in late July to August.
- September – December (Cool & gentle): temperature is moderate, cool, the sky is clear. Best time to visit Hanoi and nearby areas.
You might also be interested: Around the calender – Best Time to Visit Vietnam
Looking for a unique experience during your trip to Vietnam and southeast asia? check out our travel package or make a contact us as a top tour operator in Vietnam, we specialize in planning a perfect vacation with varying levels of intensity and depth with activities perfect for travelers of any age to match your preferred travel period, touring needs and budget.