- Prices & Policies
Night 1: Hanoi – Lao Cai
Take a Night Train for Sapa Tour at 8.30pm – Be escorted to the railway station by slandtravel staff for boarding the train to travel up Lao Cai city. Overnight on a shared 4 berths cabin with A/C
(If you don’t want to share cabin with the other passengers, please let us know to book a whole four berths cabin or a cabin with two berths. Surcharge is applicable)
Day 01: Lao Cai market Sa pa 1 day (B/ L/ D)
After a 10 hours’ train ride, arrive in Lao Cai, a small border town by the Red river. Picked up by guide and driver for a breakfast in the local restaurant in Laocai. Then leave for Bac Ha (70 km) via a winding road with breath-taking mountain views. Opened every Sunday at the center of Bac Ha township, this is the biggest ethnic market in Lao Cai Province and probably among some most interesting ones in the northern mountains. Some thousands peoples from ethnic groups including Black Zao, Tay, Phu La and Flower H’mong wearing their best traditional clothes attend the market to turn it into a kind of festival. Commodity sold at the market is varied from embroidered clothes, handicraft, farming products, food… to poultry and cattle such as vegetable, spices, chili, chicken, cat, piggy, doggy… At the market place, after finishing their shopping, peoples gathered into groups at footstalls or restaurants enjoying “Thang Co” a kind of H’mong traditional specialty, drinking corn wine and talking cheerfully.
Some hundred meters away from the main market place is the buffaloes and horses market and it is really interesting to see the buyers carefully searching in order to find out the strengths and weaknesses of the animals before buying because a buffalo or horse is a real important property in their farming work. The best time to join the market is from 09.00 to 12.00 but it is fascinating to spend few hours earlier to see the people along the trail to the Bac Ha Market. After spending the whole morning exploring the market, your lunch will be served in a local restaurant.
After lunch, you drive downhill for about half an hour. You will then start a short walk to Trung Do village, which belongs to the Tay minority. Here you can stop by a traditional Tay house for a cup of tea before you get on a boat. You will have a cruise upstream the Chay River to experience the picturesque scenes. The boat ride ends at Bao Nhai bridge, where your car is awaiting for the journey back to Lao Cai then onto Sapa. Overnight in Hotel
After breakfast, You will commence your short journey by driving south toward Muong Hoa valley. You will then start your walk by descending into the valley, which is the largest rice paddy terraced among Sapa area. The guide can provide you interesting information about rice. If you visit the valley sometime in between May and October, you will be able to observe and experience how the local do planting and harvesting, one of the most important activities in the daily life. The walk takes you from Lao Chai village of Black Hmong minority to Ta Van village of Giay minority including a visit to the local Catholic Church.
Black H’mong is one of the biggest minority groups in the Sapa area. They are proud of their culture and keep their traditions and way of living. They have their own language and wear traditional indigo blue clothing.
Giay is a fairly small minority group of about 38.000 people who live mainly in the mountains in Northwest Vietnam. The development has meant that some of their old customs have been lost but many women still wear traditional shirts with a purple, blue or green color. The Giay’s houses are build of wood and bamboo with a clay floor. After visiting Ta Van the car will return you to Sapa for checking out.
Lunch will be served at a local restaurant. 2pm go on for your trekking to Suoi Ho village to see tea plantations and cardamom gardens. Follow the buffalo trails to visit the hospitable villages of the Black Hmong minority people in Ma Tra, passing a school and scenic views enroute.
After that, transfer to Laocai train station for the night train back to Hanoi. You will have dinner on your own at local restaurant, then Overnight on train.
Night 3: Lao Cai – Hanoi
Overnight on a 4-berth A/C cabin, soft sleeper on the train back to Hanoi. Arrive Hanoi at 5.15am on next day, make your own way to Hotel in Old Town.
Day 01: Lao Cai - Sa pa - Bac Ha Market (B/ L/ D)
Day 02: Cat Cat / 3km Soft trek + Suoi Ho Ta Phin /5km /midium - Lao Cai ( L/ D )
QUOTATION (Land Service Only)
- Type of Tour: Private Tour (This is the sample tour, you may go with all details above or we can modify to fix your date of travel)
- Group Tour is available upon on your request, please CONTACT US for more details
- Accommodation at 3, 4 star at hotel selected including daily breakfast of Twin or Doule sharing
- Meals as mentioned in the program (Breakfast : 01 ; Lunch: 02 ; Dinner: 02)
- Entrance fee for all destinations as Tour Itinerary indicated
- English Speaking Guide/ Other languages are available on request
- Bottle of water available on coach ( 2 bottle/pax/day)
- Train Ticket Soft Sleeper Cabin with AC 02ways
- International airfare
- Drinks and other meals do not indicate in the program
- Visa to Vietnam, if
- Travel insurance
- Personal expenses (telephone, shopping…)
- Tipping/ Gratuities
- Single Supplement
- Any additional expenses caused by reasons beyond our control such as natural calamities (typhoon, floods), flight delays rescheduling or cancellations, any accidents, medical evacuations, riots, strikes etc.
- Except in situations beyond human control. Your Vietnam Travel will be held responsible for any additional expense resulting from the change caused by us in itinerary, transportation, accommodation
- Your Vietnam Travel can not be held responsible for denied boarding, nor for additional costs occurred due to the situations beyond human control
- The itinerary above might be change when booking but the mentioned activities will be remain.
- Special requests on food (diet or vegetarian) please inform us before departure
- Please note that this is our recommendation tour program, you can follow this itinerary or customize it according to your idea. Just let us know via email or call us and we are willing to help you to organize an enjoyable trip in Vietnam.
- Please be advised that during peak times (Christmas, New Year, National Holidays) are subject to supplementary charges
- Please read our Terms and Conditions before agree to book the tour.
- Please make sure your passport has at least 6months validity from the entry date. Also please check whether you need an entry visa to Asian countries (Vietnam/ Lao/ Cambodia/ Myanmar/ Thailand) before starting your trip. Please consult with us if you are not sure
- Please contact us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org for the updated tour fare.